The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Thursday, October 5, 2023 (1:00 PM - 3:00 PM) (EDT)
This class is offered through our partnership with Florida Realtors. You must remain visible on camera for the duration of the class in order to earn CE credit. You will receive an email providing you with a link to separately register for the Zoom webinar a few days prior to the date of the class. Once you receive the email you will need to use that link to register for the zoom webinar through Florida REALTORS®. After registering with Florida REALTORS® you will receive the zoom link for the webinar.
Where do we go wrong? In the property management industry, there are a lot of mistakes that can be made. Some of those mistakes may be no big deal, and some of them may turn into a huge deal! Learn ways to keep out of trouble along with the bad, things that can potentially turn into trouble if not handled properly, and the ugly, those things that turn into huge problems and can potentially damage our reputation, bring reprimand against our license, and turn into fines.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Recite rules associated with Chapter 475.
• Have a better understanding of 61J2.
• Know the different rules affecting short term and long-term renting.
• Understand how the Fair Credit Reporting Act affects their potential tenants.
• Establish rules relating to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
• Understand the Violence Against Women Act.
• Understand Fair Housing Laws and who they affect.
• Follow EPA guidelines when renovating properties built before 1978.
• Comprehend some potential consequences from violating any of these laws.