Roadmap to a Successful Closing
Monday, February 27, 2023 (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM) (EST)
Imagine that you decide to take a day trip to a place you have never been before. Do you simply drive and hope you find it, no GPS or map in tow? Of course not! Over time, some Realtors® may go into closings without a “road map’ since they conduct them so often. Doing so, however, can prove problematic and may lead to becoming lost. Offered in both a three and a four hour CE Credit format, this course will help real estate professionals understand the importance of knowing who is responsible for the various parts of the closing, how to overcome the problems that may be encountered, and getting to the closing table and ensuring that the Realtors® fees are received without obstacles or road blocks! No two closings are exactly the same, and this course will ensure that Realtors® stay on track.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Provide options in the event of failed inspections for Roof, Termite, Electrical, or Building code deficiencies.
• Differentiate between closing activities of a conventional contract, a cash purchase, and a HUD/VA financed transaction.
• Provide options that would lead to a timely closing on a property with a correctable title problem.
• Prepare a net sheet for buyer’s required cash to close and sellers net proceeds based on a price and terms provided by the Instructor.
• Construct a timeline outlining every step between contract acceptance and actual closing for each party (Listing Broker, Selling Broker, Buyer, Seller).
• List the options a Broker has in the event of an escrow dispute for deposit(s) they are holding.