Property Management for the RE Practitioner
Thursday, January 5, 2023 (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM) (EST)
Want to know more about Property Management without jumping in headfirst? This is the course for a Realtor® that wants or needs to know enough about Property Management to get by – whether to manage a property or two now, or as an introduction to property management if they are considering possible investment down the road. Offered as a three or a four CE hour course, this class will prepare the student for those times when they must act as a property manager. It will walk them through the reasons that they are needed, what they need to do, and what they can expect from a legal standpoint.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• List seven reasons why professional property management is needed.
• List the most common property management assignments and the specific challenges with each.
• List the protected classes under the various Fair Housing laws.
• Describe the fiduciary duties of a property manager.
• Define the specific accounting requirements
• List the steps required in a tenant eviction.
• Define the potential problems between manager and tenant and between owner and manager.
• Describe six sources of potential management clients.
• Describe seven sources and methods for attracting tenants to management properties
**This class is offered through our partnership with Florida Realtors. You must remain visible on camera for the duration of the class in order to earn CE credit. You will receive an email providing you with a link to separately register for the Zoom webinar a few days prior to the date of the class. Once you receive the email you will need to use that link to register for the zoom webinar through Florida REALTORS®. After registering with Florida REALTORS® you will receive the zoom link for the webinar.