Cybersecurity - Staying Safe in a Tech Centered World
Friday, February 3, 2023 (9:30 AM - 12:30 PM) (EST)
In the digital age, the world is truly at our fingertips, but how much of what we do is truly safe? As technology advances, we seem to rely on it more and more for both the tiniest of tasks, as well as the most significant. In the real estate field, dealing with confidential information is a daily occurrence. Keeping this information safe is our duty! In this course, you will learn practical strategies and skills for safeguarding your information, as well as your customer’s information, against potential hackers!
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Describe Social Engineering Hacks and the Sources of those Hacks
• Identify Types of Hacks and how they may affect a business or personal plan
• Discuss the ways a Hacker may infiltrate a business or personal system and the chain of events it may create
• Explain the effects of Malware attacks and how to recognize potential bad actors
• Prepare to develop a program to educate and enforce safe technology oversight for business and personal routines
• Determine the proper course of action when receiving suspect tech devices, emails, and web links
• Plan proactive steps to avoid hacks and malware
• Establish malware prevention strategies
• Develop a best practices program
**This class is offered through our partnership with Florida Realtors. You must remain visible on camera for the duration of the class in order to earn CE credit. You will receive an email providing you with a link to separately register for the Zoom webinar a few days prior to the date of the class. Once you receive the email you will need to use that link to register for the zoom webinar through Florida REALTORS®. After registering with Florida REALTORS® you will receive the zoom link for the webinar.