Core Law - Avoiding the Danger Zone
Monday, May 8, 2023 (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM) (EDT)
3 CE - This course is included in the Building Your Business Education Pass
This class fulfills the 3 hour CORE LAW requirement
Understanding real estate law is part of every real estate licensee’s business. The more a licensee knows, the better he or she can work with customers and safeguard them from legal complications. Buying and selling property requires a lot of legal paperwork. Today, more than ever, it’s important to know the laws governing the practice of real estate. This material will provide a "red flag notice" of when participants are potentially going into a danger zone — the unlicensed practice of law.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Identify and avoid the unlicensed practice of law.
• Describe the two Supreme Court Approved lease forms for use by licensees in Florida.
• Describe the seller’s duty to disclose material facts under the Johnson v. Davis ruling and the licensee’s duty under Rayner v. Wise Realty Co.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the Florida Landlord and Tenant Act.
• Describe the disclosures required in the sale of Condominiums or properties covered by a Homeowner’s/Community Associations.
• Identify Florida Environmental and Growth Management Laws.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the requirements in the Florida Brokerage Relationship Disclosure Act.
• List the duties included in the Single Agent, Transaction Broker and No Brokerage Relationship.
• Identify the requirements for transitioning a brokerage relationship from one to another.
• Describe the disclosure requirements in the Designated Sales Associate Relationship
• Explain the FREC rules regarding a Broker’s Escrow Account.
• List and describe some of the common environmental hazards associated with real property
• Identify the rules regarding Mutual Recognition Agreements Florida has with other states regarding licensing education.
Concierge Title Services
1655 E Hwy 50 Suite 301
Clermont, FL 34711 United States