Basic Negotiating Skills for Today's RE Professional
Thursday, October 3, 2024 (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM) (EDT)
Just imagine a Realtor® is in a situation where they want one thing, and their counterpart wants another. What to do? Challenge them to a duel? Although dueling days are past (whew!), there is a way to find a solution – and that is through negotiation. This course examines the art of negotiation and what it can mean for a real estate professional when practiced correctly. It will help Realtors® determine what negotiation is and how they can use it to find a solution.
In learning that negotiating is finding a suitable compromise while keeping the focus on what each party needs to get out of the situation, students will understand that negotiation is a valuable skill that can assist them in and out of work situations. Realtors® will learn about themselves to best understand how to negotiate with their clients. Best of all, it can help them earn more money and get the results they desire.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Provide an environment where the parties involved are aware of each other’s needs and are willing to work together
• Bring to a conclusion a negotiation where each participant leaves satisfied with results
• Explain merit-based negotiation and how beginning with a desired outcome improves the well-being of all participant
• List the five power positions and how each can be used in a specific negotiation to achieve the desired outcome
• Demonstrate six negotiating tactics that benefit the parties to the negotiation
********No-Show Policy: We understand that unforeseen circumstances may arise, making it difficult to attend scheduled classes. If you are unable to attend a class, kindly notify us 48 hours in advance. Cancellation notices should be sent to Alisha Kissee Garcia ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and/or Shannon Diehl ( email@example.com ).Participants who do not attend a class or event without providing prior notice will not be eligible for a refund. In cases of exceptional circumstances, such as a medical emergency or unforeseen personal crisis, we may consider refund requests on a case-by-case basis. As an Association committed to providing high-quality learning experiences, we have implemented this No-Show Policy to uphold the standards of our educational programs and ensure all members who are looking to attend a course get an opportunity to do so.
Instructor: Sal Di Stefano
3001 State Road 19
Tavares, FL 32778